Healthcare providers are currently facing complex and unparalleled challenges to reduce cost and improve quality in the face of heavy regulation and shrinking reimbursement. Providers will need to re-invent their operations to create efficiencies and adopt technologies to improve patient care.
Key challenges providers are facing:
|Receiving Outcome-Based Payments||
|Juggling Government Mandates||
|Dealing With Changing Payer Operating Models||
|Managing Employee Satisfaction"||
|Managing Increasing Technology Costs||
|Competing with New Primary Care Models||
DCG has deep expertise in all areas of provider organizations – from clinical, non-clinical support and business departments. Our understanding of your business and ability to work with clinicians and staff enables us to advise you on operational, technical and business solutions.
DCG's healthcare practice can help providers of all sizes assess their strategies, develop a roadmap and help manage implementation of the roadmap to reduce execution risk.
See how we've helped our clients achieve their goals. Contact us to discuss how we can help your business achieve a higher level of performance. To see more click on one of the Case Studies below:
- Hospital leadership engaged DCG to train 13 staff members as Lean Six Sigma (Lean 6σ) Greenbelts.
- The DCG Continuous Improvement / Lean 6σ practice conducted a five-day Greenbelt training course for the hospital staff.
- The course was divided into 3 phases:
- Working session on DMAIC Define, Measure, and Analyze
- Practical implementation
- Working session on DMAIC Improve and Control
- The training began with a 3-day session covering the first three phases of the DMAIC methodology- Define, Measure, and Analyze.
- After the initial three-day session, the Greenbelt candidates spent four weeks working on their respective Greenbelt projects.
- Following the project work, the candidates attended a two-day session on DMAIC Improve and Control.
- The hospital staff were able to receive Lean 6σ training from very experienced practitioners that was customized to their needs and objectives.
- In less than 4 weeks the hospital had 13 new Greenbelts working to implement improvement projects for their Greenbelt certification
DCG’s client got a new set of Greenbelts to help improve their processes via Lean 6σ, share lessons from the training with their colleagues and build a culture of continuous improvement.
- DCG was engaged to manage the activation of the client's newly constructed ambulatory facility located across the street from its previous location.
- Moving most of the ambulatory clinics across the street presented many challenges logistically and operationally but also required a structured approach for the physical move as these ambulatory clinics were operational and could not afford downtime.
- DCG was engaged to assess the state of the activation as well as to develop a plan to take the facility live as originally planned.
- This scope consisted of all the activities needed to assess the current status, develop a new plan and manage the execution
- Workplan Development/Project Feasibility Study
- Executive Status Reporting
- Communication Strategy and Management
- Increased effectiveness and performance of project team
- Structured project approach that improved communication and mitigated risks
- Improved cohesiveness between patient care and non-patient care groups leading to a more effective process
- Deployment of successful change management and training for new facility employees
- Launch of the new ambulatory patient care facility on schedule
DCG’s Facility Activation Methodology allowed quick assessment of the current work, creation of an improvement plan based on best practices and management of the project to a successful implementation.
- A client was opening a new women and children's hospital.
- DCG was engaged to provide the overall strategy and leadership for the activation planning of the new hospital.
DCG provide project leadership and management for all activities related to the activation of the new facility. DCG was responsible for:
- Consulting and facilitation services
- Identification of gaps and requirements
- Development of a project plan and budget
- Project management
- Risk and issue management
- Developing an activation plan
- Resource planning
- Change management
- Developing communications and training plans
- Budget management
- DCG also provided their proven Facility Activation Methodology and experienced team members to lead this complex project
- Provided a proven methodology and project members to lead the facility activation
- Methodology and experienced staff were able to mitigate risks and quickly achieve credibility with the client team
- DCG provided tools to help facilitate the process while maintaining the appropriate level of thoroughness
- Re-engineered the staffing model to improve communication among departments, better integrate the work, and create efficiencies
- Developed a feedback loop to measure effectiveness of events / communications
The facility opened on time and with thorough training and communications for staff and external stakeholders.
- DCG was engaged to manage the installation of the networking infrastructure for a new hospital.
- DCG led a team consisting of client employees and Vendor resources through the implementation of a platinum networking solution with 99.9% uptime in the new hospital.
- Planned and managed project kick-off
- Performed data collection interviews
- Created project plan
- Worked with Vendor to create a high-level network design
- Implementation and Monitoring Plan
- Worked with Vendor to develop detailed network design
- Developed and managed the implementation of required hardware configuration changes
- Identified metrics, established targets, and developed a dashboard and measurement plan for monitoring the process going forward
- Implementation, Monitoring, and Continuous Improvement
- Established project governance structure and project management standards
- Installed networking equipment
- Platinum level network capable of handling the hospital's current and future data needs without interruption 99.9% of the time
- Created network management and deployment processes that will save the health system time and effort on future networking projects
- DCG enabled the client to successfully implement the new networking infrastructure on time and within budget.
- The client implemented performance metrics to support the monitoring and improvement of network quality and performance.